.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Monday, November 01, 2004

My rant to my Dad....

I will post a copy of the piece on punitive liberalism that my rant refers to.

From my Dad:
I am not so enamored of Kerry or the Democrats that I think they are "the stuff dreams are made on." (Shakespeare) Do you feel they are somehow sympathetic to or aligned with the terrorists? That they are part of the enemy? I would really like your feelings on this. I'm more a democratic republican than a Democrat and Mom is an independent. We try to listen rather than engage in argument. To us you are far more important than an party or candidate.

My rant in reponse:
Are they aligned or sympathetic to the terrorists....in a sense, Democrats are. I have attached a piece on punitive liberalism. I think that the doctorine is more along the lines that we deserved the terrorists attacks. That is why that clown Michael Moore is such a success with the 'in' Democratic crowd. And that is essentially what Osama bin Laden was saying on his tape the other day.

One of Michael Moore's books is called something like 'Stupid White Men.' It seems to be an ok thing to say. How do you think that a book called 'Stupid Black Men' would be received? So the moral relativity of good predudice is acceptable to this crowd. I remmember when I was young driving to Pittsburgh and we two sat down with Grandpa Scollon in the living room after the long ride. He said, 'Glenn, what about them niggers.' to you. You had a fit. Well, I feel like that today. Like people are saying 'what about them niggers' that is what makes me so angry. And.....

C-SPAN cameras captured spouse Elizabeth Edwards making the startling comments to a supporter during a Kerry Campaign Town Hall Meeting in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Supporter: Kerry's going to take PA.
Liz Edwards: I know that.
Supporter: I'm just worried there's going to be riots afterwards.
Liz Edwards: Uh.....well...not if we win.

Oh I see, its justifyable to riot if the Republicans win, and the expectation is that if Republican's lose, then we will crawl back under our rock? See if black folk or the surrogate Democrats riot its justifyable. How utterly stupid is this? Well, what if we Republicans riot?

And if Bush was a 'good' President in your eyes, and he did all the right things over the last 4 years, would you vote for him? I think that alot of people just find Bush being Bush unacceptable. Maybe its his religion or his ability to let the water roll off his back, but people hate him for his success. In your words when we were discussing Clinton a few years back, you said that electing Clinton was ' a means to an end.' So what is the end game now? My opinion of Clinton that he was a vile opportunist, a populist panderer and just plain old lucky. But he was not a punitive liberal of the type described in the article but he did appologize for 8 years to the world for us being Americans. I think that he is as much responsible or maybe even moreso for the terrorist problems that we have today as anyone. But half the US reflecively blames Bush as if he had something to do with our 'behavior' for the 20 years preceding him leading to terrorist hatred. So people blame Bush. Do something, anything........

So, we may just choose Barrabas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home