.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Saturday, July 09, 2005

From The Nigerian Arm Of The Wang Family.....

Golly Gee, how did you get my name?

Glenn Philips [This is my typical response]

MR. Wang Qin.
HANG SENG BANK LTD,
DES VOEUX RD.BRANCH
CENTRAL HONG KONG
HONG KONG.

I am Mr. Wang Qin, credit officer of Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an urgent and very confidential business proposition for you. Blah, blah, blah... confidential lity and prompt access reposed on this medium, sorry my English is not very good.

Blah, Blah, Blah.... On Dec. 6, 2000, an American Oil consultant/contractor with the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation, Mr. Richard Nault made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$24,000,000.00 (Twenty Four
Million Dollars only) in my branch.

Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his Blah, blah, blah... that Mr. Richard Nault died from an automobile accident.

Blah, blah, blah....

There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this
transaction will be done by the attorney and with my
position as the credit officer guarantees the
successful execution of this transaction. You may reply to
my email box, wangq009@netscape.net Upon your
response. Please send me your confidential
telephone and fax numbers for easy communication [Right!] . You
should observe utmost confidentiality, and rest
assured that this transaction would be most profitable
for both of us because I shall require your assistance
to invest my share in your country.

Mr. Wang Qin.

Do you think this is legitimate? Lets see if I can have some fun with him.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the Nigerian Scam is now the Hong Kong Scam. Interesting.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a post somewhere on the interenet a few years back about how this guy "re-scammed" the Nigerian scammer and started sending him all kinds of e-mails about how he was in Nigera and they guy didn't show up at the meeting place and why. Then he goes on to say that he had to kill his wife or something like that because she caught wind of the scam and was going to the police. The "mark" is asking the Nigerian scammer to help him get rid of his wife's body. It is hilarious. You should do something similiar with Mr. Wang Qin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home