.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Monday, July 18, 2005

Village Voice....

Friday afternoon, while waiting for my friends in my favorite New York bar, DBA [check out the bar webcam], I had the chance to take a look at the an old New York institution, the Village Voice.

I have to say that, although I am fully aware that the rag is a traditional 60's style left wing tabloid, it was disappointing. There were plenty of music advertisements of interesting bands that I would love to have the opportunity to hear. But the pages were full of unfunny and unentertaining whining about American President Bush. Just incase anyone is unaware, Bush won the election by a solid majority of voters. Too bad. If you want to elect a Democrat, then field a decent candidate.

Maybe the paper is just getting tired and the anger dripping out of these Democratic Underground graduates must be having an impact on non-traditional advertisers. I say this since there were pages and pages of ads in the back of the paper advertising prostitutes. There has always been some but now its just way too much. Has the advertising market gotten so bad for the Voice that they have to scrape the bottom of the advertising barrel? I surely hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home