.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Friday, September 02, 2005

And Furthermore........

My wife tells me tonight that someone in her office, an office of an American firm, told her that America deserves what happened with hurricane Katrina. My wife was also told essentially the same thing by one of her Hong Kong colleagues here when she worked for Merrill Lynch when the space shuttle challenger exploded on re-entry when landing back home.

My wife had the class to not tell me who these clowns were since she knows that I would ask them about these attiudes. I love that kind of confrontation that makes everyone uncomfortable. I imagine that even for a Hong Kong Chinese, it would be incredibly embarrassing to be shown to have been engaged in saying something so absolutley moronic and heartless that it boggles my mind. Hong Kong people can be so incredibly mean sometimes when things like this happens.

How many of us Americans were running around saying that China deserves the floods, mine accident, food poisonings that killed thousands over the past year. How many? Maybe none what-so-ever? How many of us Americans walked into work and said "You Chinese deserved the floods of the Yellow River over all these years" and walked away? Hong Kong Chinese can be absolute fucking robotic idiots sometimes.

Have the Chinese ever done anything even remotely altruistic in their whole history? Most of their history involved killing others or getting killed for power/taking over the country or involved conquering someone or doing something in their own interest? Or the interest of their sappy headed leaders. I do give the PRC one little credit....some of the work done during the Tsunami disaster of December 24th but that is all. As far as I am concerned, the attitude of the Hong Kong people is not that far from those of the smug worthless Europeans. So fuck you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home