.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Sunday, October 09, 2005

One Of The Things That I Miss......

Upon my return to New York after my first visit Asia, September-November 1982, I realized that I had completely missed my favorite time of the year, Autumn. Actually, I wasn't really aware that it was my favorite season except that since I had missed it, that I really missed it. The changing leaves and the crisp cool dry air, leaves lasting memories that rarely recede from my inner thoughts. The mental thoughts have become a physically comforting feeling.

Changes in the colors of the leaves on trees, sometime spectacular are just a manifestation of chemical changes in these organisms. I wrote about this before, here.

But the question that I have beyond the chemical reasons for Fall colors are why do they exist at all? Was it designed just for our pleasure or what other rationale is there for such a splash for the senses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home