.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Generosity index...

When I lived in Africa, I noticed that there were very few American's there that hailed from liberal Democratic leaning states like New York and California. Most of the people that I knew came from places like Georgia, North Carolina, etc. I always wondered why since liberals are always blathering about helping the poor and all that. But generally, that is all that liberals do is talk, whereas Christian conservatives actually do something about it.

From Polipundit, I found this list ranking the most generous states. Notice how out the top 10, none are blue states...
Mississippi
Arkansas
South Dakota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Alabama
Louisiana
Utah
South Carolina
West Virginia
This doesn't surprise me at all. My leftist home state of New York ranks 26th, just in the middle.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The generosity index is a hoax. Please see my analysis at
http://www.progressiveindiana.org/node/157

 

Post a Comment

<< Home