.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Friday, August 29, 2008

Passage Of The Day.....

I guess that I am not the only one that thinks that the Democrats are a party of whiners. The passage below accurately reflects what I think that the Democrats have become. This is no longer the Democratic party of years past but one where people ask 'What's my handout today? Free healthcare? What new program are you going to offer and make sure that it is the faceless 'rich' and not I, that has to pay for it. Gimme, gimmee,gimee me something since I was lucky enough to born American." Its also sounds kind of European to me too....
The Democrats have titled their party platform, "Renewing America's Promise."

A more honest and accurate title would be, "We'll Give You More."

The soul of the Democratic philosophy is summed up in this passage from the platform: "For decades, Americans have been told to act for ourselves, by ourselves, on our own. Democrats reject this recipe for division and failure."

Note the disdain for the ethos of self-responsibility. Democrats do not merely regard it as insufficient. Instead they regard the idea that people should provide for themselves as divisive.



This philosophy is not the nation that I know. And all Democrats deserve our scorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home