.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Guam....

I went to a barbecue tonight that included a dancing show from Guam. My two year-old daughter loved it. And, I won the lucky draw grand prize. A few nights in the Hyatt Regency Hotel there. I went to Guam a few years ago and I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular but a nice relaxing place and the water is so clear, clean and attractive looking. One night we were walking around and there were just thousands of big frogs hopping about. My son accidentally stepped on one and we all felt sorry for the little creature. I wonder if it survived.

My friend calls Guam the poor man's Hawaii [I have some music by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and it is so excellent....the Hawaiians pronounce the 'w' in Hawaii as if its a 'v' sound like the German people do, so it sounds like Havaii] but it has the world's largest K-Mart. Also, I saw a few stunning woman there. And also, they have gun ranges where you can shoot a variety of weapons. I think that I want to take my son to shoot a few shots together. He will get a kick out of it but I am sure that my wife will give me a hard time about it.

Guam is also where they discovered a Japanese fellow or two in the 1970's that were still hiding out from WWII. They were living in some little cave in a desolate part of the island so it took 30 years before they were discovered and coaxed to come back to civilization. Now there is a little museum where they recreated the living conditions...its supposedly not the real place just a re-creation. We drove there but didn'tgo in since they wanted some exorbitant amount as an entrance fee. Something like US$ 60 for two adults and a child. Obviously targeted to Japanese tourists that feel compelled to go in. So instead we went to one of those underwater seawalk things, where you wear the helmet on your head and you walk around on the sea floor 20-30 feet down. Much better choice I think.

The only downside is that the only scheduled flight leaves here around midnight and lands early the next day. I have difficulty sleeping on planes particularly if its economy and the equipment is only 737. So I feel like hoo-ha that next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home