.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What I Like About Hua Hin.....

I have been to Hua Hin, Thailand somewhere around 7 or 8 times. I guess you can say that I like it. Just got back tonight.

I enjoy going with my family to Swensen's to get ice cream without having to pay a month's salary for the privilege like one would have to here in Hong Kong. The kids just love it and its always fun to whip up the enthusiasm during the day. My daughter loves everything pink, so she orders pink [strawberry] ice cream every time with colorful sprinkles.

One can walk nearly anywhere and they have a great night market. A tuk-tuk costs 60 Baht to get around if one isn't inclined to walk.

The Sofitel there is a 1920's style railroad hotel where they serve a reasonably priced afternoon tea. During the high season they have a buffet every day but only on weekends during the off-season.



The kind of place that one may have found Somerset Maugham when he was wandering around these parts.

I like walking on the uncrowded beach with the kids. Splashing in the water and howling with laughter when the mini-waves get our clothes wet.

I like the fact that the King lives there and that has keep the sleazy honky-tonk so pervasive in some parts in Thailand to a minimum. No touts offering ladies and naked body massages on every corner.

I like eating the Pad Thai in the street stalls for 30 Baht [HK$6=US$0.80].

I enjoyed listening to my son singing the verses of Springtime for Hitler in Germany, from the play The Producers while walking on the beach. He saw the movie of the Broderick-Lane version and just loved it.
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Deutschland is happy and gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race!
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Rhineland's a fine land once more!
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Watch out, Europe
We're going on tour!
Springtime for Hitler and Germany...
CHORUS:
Look, it's springtime
LEAD TENOR STORMTROOPER:
Winter for Poland and France
CHORUS AND STORMTROOPER:
Springtime for Hitler and Germany!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home