.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Monday, January 07, 2008

Brazil....

A few years ago, I traveled to Brazil with my friend Mark. A couple of days in Rio, then to Bahia, an old slave port and home of the song Macarena, and then to some island and another place somewhat north of Bahia on the ocean.

The first day, in the seaside village north of Bahia, Mark and I met this fellow....



I started to call him Dennis Hopper since he was a war photographer and crazy as a loon.

This fellow, I called Jerry Garcia....



He was a traveling salesman and sold trinkets all over Brazil. He was in town with around 5 of his kids and I purchased a handmade incense burner from him. He told me that he had 7 wives and over 20 children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home