.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Barbarism....

Just what is a partial birth abortion?
I'm Brenda Pratt Shafer, a Registered Nurse with 13 years of experience. One day in September, 1993, my nursing agency assigned me to work at a Dayton, Ohio, abortion clinic. I had often expressed strong "pro-choice" views to my two teenage daughters, so I thought this assignment would be no problem for me.

But I was wrong. I stood at a doctor's side as he performed the partial-birth abortion procedure-and what I saw is branded forever on my mind.

The mother was six months pregnant. The baby's heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor went in with forceps and grabbed the baby's legs and pulled them down into the birth canal. Then he delivered the baby's body and the arms-everything but the head. The doctor kept the baby's head just inside the uterus.

The baby's little fingers were clasping and unclasping, and his feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors through the back of his head, and the baby's arms jerked out in a flinch; a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall.

The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby was completely limp.

I never went back to that clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy-- it was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen.

* Partial-birth abortions are usually performed from 41/2 months to 9 months of pregnancy. In a tape-recorded interview with American Medical News, the doctor who performed the procedure described above said that in his practice, "80%" of these procedures "are purely elective."

3 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You American right wing wing-nuts never cease to amaze me with your mental gymnastics. On one hand you support the right to life (no matter if the foetus is the size of my little toe) whilst on the other hand you are quite happy in seeing adults (and in some US states, children)strapped to a gurney and legally killed. I would be grateful if you would explain this conundrum and in doing so don't spout faith based mumbo-jumbo at me. I am not a believer.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger glenzo said...

I do not support the death penalty, so I am not sure what you mean. I also like your characterization right-wing nuts. What are you? Sane?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger glenzo said...

I have written pieces on my opposition to the death penalty that can be found here.

http://madjaymon.blogspot.com/search?q=death+penalty

Scroll down since the first few are about Muslims.

I am against abortion and the death penalty and I comofrtable with that position. I do not support the death penalty since I do not think that a government should be taking life. Governments should be protecting the lives of its citizens.

So, I suppose that the writer above has a differing position, maybe one that a typical American liberal espouses. That is; no execution of criminals no matter how barbaric or guilty the accused is of the crime (because life is precious or because governments should not be involved in the taking of its citizen's lives?) and unfettered access to abortion where truely innocent life is being eliminated.

So bottom line, liberals support the taking of innocent life but are against the taking of lives in retribution for heinous crimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home