.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I Hit A 108......

Arrggggghhhhhh....and I have been practicing, so 36 over is somewhat disappointing. Played Thai Country Club, today. A little more expensive than most, with carts and caddies around THB 4,000 each and they have a few greens out of commission which is ashame. The temporary greens are better than your average temporary greens, though, on balance it was ok. They will have this fixed within 6 weeks and there will be a major tournament next year.

The country club has been voted amoungst the best in Thailand in several catagories and has won 1st place in best club house in Asia for 4 years running. The course is interesting with lots of undulations and other obstacles and isn't overly long. A very good looking course and I will definately go back there.

I was hoping to shoot better and my goal is to get below 100 and stop duffing so many shots. After a rough start, I was driving off the tee ok and even got a par on the 8th hole. But, when the pressure is on, I don't do well putting. I was on the green several times in regulation and invariably 3 putted. Golf is definately a mind thing.

Tomorrow I will play Pinehurst. I played that last month and the water there killed me. I lost about 8 balls last time. I just get psyched out when there is water on my right side for some reason and the tractor beam gets a hold my ball and pulls it in.

Last night, my friend and I went to a restaurant called Lemongrass on Sukumvit Soi 24. Pretty good Thai food there. Then we went to Soi Cowboy for a drink. In some places the people are a little too aggressive for my tastes and we had to leave.

One thing that I like about Thailand is that they have ice-cream places, such as Swensens, and it so much more reasonably priced than back in Hong Kong. I will probably go back again tonight to have more ice-cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home