.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Last Survivor of the Titanic Disaster Dies at Age 99....

Lillian Gertrud Asplund(1907-2006)
She was 5 when the Titanic went down in the North Atlantic after hitting an iceberg on April 15, 1912. Her father and three brothers died in the disaster, along with some 1,500 others.
Its strange, last Thursday night I went to my friend's house and he put a Titanic DVD on. I fell asleep before it was over, but the next day it got me thinking, it all happened in 1912, 94 years ago and it must be that all or most of the survivors have died or are very elderly. Well, I see in the news today, that my thoughts were correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home