.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Flying On September 11th....

I was down in Manila last week on a frantic business trip and spent a relaxing weekend in a wonderful idyllic seaside, Boracay.

I am quite impressed with the security procedures that passengers have to go through in order to get onto a plane in the Philippines. After removing my shoes and my belt the airport screeners discovered some wires in my backpack. They included the powerpack to my batteryless laptop, the mouse and a hardwire for internet connections that I always carry with me if the need arises. I had to exit the screening area and recheck the wires into my checked baggage, scrambling around with untied shoes and holding up my beltless pants. Additionally, one is not allowed to carry on any liquids or gels of any kind, probably due to the recent capture of terrorists in England that planned on using liquids to detonate bombs on US bound planes. Also, solid anti-perspirant such as a speedstick is also not allowed on hand luggage. Not good for sweaty people like me.

The flight on 9/11 from Boracay to Manila and from Manila to Hong Kong went without incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home