.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Shot A 110 at Pinehurst today.....

Aaaarrggghhhhh.....in case you haven't guessed, I am a duffer. But I am on the good side of duffer and don't give duffers a bad name. When I don't duff, I can drive 200+ yards, and am ok from 120 yards out with my pitching wedge. Also, my putting has improved substantially. If I could reduce my duffing by 50% I would be very pleased.

You figure that I should be enjoying myself! So I am, I have always enjoyed spending time outdoors for a nice walk. Well, the water at this club just absolutely freaks me out. The water tractor beams were in full force today and lost another 10 balls or so. It was also quite hot here in Bangkok since it hasn't rained since we got here. It is the rainy season I understand and in the afternoon it supposedly come down buckets. I brought along my umbrella from Hong Kong and this virtually assures that there won't be a drop of rain here.

Well, Pinehurst, not the Pinehurst where the US Open is being played this year, gets heavier use but is substantially cheaper that Thai Country Club that we played at yesterday. Greens fees, caddies and golf cart totals around THB2300 [plus caddy tip] or slightly less than US$60. I guess that I have to include lost ball expenses too in my total cost.

Pinehurst is only 10 minutes past the airport, so next time, we could fly-in, zip out there [The Thai-Orient flight that leaves HK at 8:30 AM arrives here around 10 AM] so one could buzz on over and get in 18 holes in and then to the hotel before dinner time. It sounds like a plan to me.

Tomorrow we will go to Lakewood. I consider this to be a substantially easier course since there is less water. But I also quite sore from swinging the club so much the past two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home