.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Sunday, November 11, 2007

German Humor.....

Yesterday, I went to local wine tasting and was served the following Italian red wine....
Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Vigna Corvino
The conversation went some thing like this....
Server: This is a nice little wine called Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Vigna Corvino
Me: Oh good that is easy to pronounce and remember.
Server: [Total silence].... [and then] Excuse me?
Me: I said that that name was is easy to pronounce and remember.
Server: [Total silence]..... I am sorry, I do not understand.
Me: The name, its so long and difficult, so I made a joke that it is easy to pronounce and remember. My comment was designed to induce laughter.
Server: Sorry I am a German and we have no sense of humor. Sorry.
His comment was funnier than mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home