.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Milton J. Madison - An American Refugee Now Living in China, Where Liberty is Ascending

Federalism, Free Markets and the Liberty To Let One's Mind Wander. I Am Very Worried About the Fate of Liberty in the USA, Where Government is Taking people's Lives ____________________________________________________________________________________________ "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue." -Barry Goldwater-

Monday, September 19, 2005

A letter To Yahoo.......

I read about Yahoo's complicity in the conviction of a person by the name of Shi Tao, a journalist in Hunan, China.

As far as I am concerned, your actions constitute a change of privacy that users have come to expect from Yahoo.

Also, this kind of behavior is clearly unacceptable from a human rights standpoint.

I have been a paying customer of your email service for several years and I am angry at your behavior. I will have to evaluate my commercial relationship with you and will urge others to do so also.

Thank you for showing your true colors, that your commercial interests take precedent over your moral obligations and that you are willing to put one honest man in jail so that you can help the authoritarians in China keep the boot on peoples necks.

Shi Tao's story [Washington Post, Registration required, I think].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home